Rotary is a worldwide voluntary organisation of men and women united in their aim to serve their communities.
Steam Rally Echuca Moama is the annual fundraising event for the local Rotary Club of Echuca Moama. All proceeds from the event are passed on to similar not for profit or charitable causes identified in the local community.
Each year a major beneficiary is selected and this year it is Echuca Regional Health Proposed Cancer and Wellness Centre:
In recent years we have had great crowds from metro and regional areas across Southern Australia and we wish to continue developing this event for the economic and social benefit of our community.
However, we recognise the Grand Old Lady of the Park is showing her age and is in need of a facelift if we are to continue attracting such large crowds. So, we have decided the major recipient of Steam Rally 2016 should be the development of the Community Rotary Park for its growing number of community user groups Besides being the spiritual home of the Rotary Club of Echuca-Moama, Rotary Park will soon be home to a diverse range of community groups and organisations, including:
• Echuca & District Historical Vehicle Club Inc.
• Campaspe Valley Miniature Railway Inc.
• Echuca & District Small Engine Club
• Echuca Moama Men's Shed Inc.
• Echuca & District Trail Horse Riders Club Inc.
• Echuca Scouting Group
• Echuca Men's Shed
Last year, the Rotary Club commissioned a Landscape Consultant to prepare a Master Plan for the park which has since been endorsed by Club members and Campaspe Shire. The First stage of this master plan is to upgrade basic infrastrucutre, particularly the public toilet facilities and installation of related services to make the grounds into a recreational vehicle (RV) Friendly Park.
We expect these capital improvements will contribute to increased patronage of the Park by our registered user groups, RV campers and visitors to the annual Steam Rally and strongly believe the upgrade will result in greater usage of the Park throughout the year and generate enhanced economic activity throughout the district.
Previous beneficiaries and identified causes include:
• Rotary Community Park
• One & All Inclusion Project
• Echuca Regional Health - for the purchase of vital equipment needed for the new Echuca Hospital
• Echuca Specialist School -Purchasing an interactive whiteboard Fora classroom.
• Murray Human Services - to purchase a hoist for support staff to transfer adults www.murrayhumanservices.org.au
• Echuca Regional Health - funds towards the Health Education Centre email@example.com
• Woodbine Inc - funds towards providing accommodation to people with intellectual disabilities www.woodbine.org.au
• Echuca Specialist School -buying equipment to assist their students www.echucass.vic.edu.au
• $50,000 to Echuca Regional Health
• $10,000 towards establishing Court Network in Echuca www.courtnetwork.com.au
• $15,000 over three years to Cunningham Downs Village for the Aged www. echucaca.com.au
• $9,000 to Rotary's International Polio Plus campaign aimed at eradicating polio www.rotary.org
• Beacon Foundation - encouraging students to stay at school www.beaconem.com.au
• Reconstruction in East Timor and tsunami regions through Rotary programs
• Bicycles for the local Police
• Holidays for drought-affects farm families
• Rotunda and landscaping for Hopwood Gardens
• Rotary Liver Cell Bank
• Murray to Moyne cycle relay
• Local School Chaplaincy group
• Local Fire Brigades
• Variety Club Children's Fund